Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rabbit Farm Project


Today was a great day. I woke up early in the morning and headed out to my old site at Gakenke, where I’m still maintaining two of my community projects. One of those is the Rabbit farm at Karambo. The Karambo project will support the malnutrition program at the health center there. The rabbit farm is meant to be a model compared to the type of construction done here. The farm will have capacity to house 50 rabbits. The farm design is adopted from an existing farm here but with more modern touches. An architect from the MASS group volunteered to draw the blue prints which I shared with two of the local carpenters whom will be working on this project.

The project was started back in August with grant from World Connect, a US NGO that supports Peace Corps volunteers’ projects. The project is still in the construction phase which is taking a little longer than expected. I try to visit there frequently to check on progress and follow up with the construction. I must admit, it’s a bit of a challenge, especially that I now live in the Eastern province with a full work load. I’m due to visit there sometime soon I hope. Here’re some images from the construction.

3 comments:

RR Kelinci said...

Successful for your rabbit farm project.

emy said...

successfully for your bussines

Unknown said...

Iam interested in Rabbit farming how can i contact your carpenters to help me to build rabbit cages