Monday, February 16, 2009

First two weeksin Rwanda

Cheers from Rwanda, Muraho, Amakoro?

This is my first blog entry since I got here. The internet connection is not the best so it's been a challenge signing in.

We're now into our third week in Rwanda and it's been an amazing experience so far. We're in Butare, 2.5 hours south of Kigali the capital. Butare is not as large of a city as I thought it would be but it's beautiful. The university campus is nice and the surroundings are full of greenery and hills.

Rwanda is known as the country of 1,000 hills and being here I can see why that is the case. We've been going through some extensive training in the local language and culture. the local language here is Kenyarwandan and it's amazing that I'm picking up the language and able to communicate after two weeks here.

I'll keep this short but will post two more entries one related to my daily routine and another on foods in Rwanda. Feel free to post questions or leave comments.

Miss you all

No comments: