Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Peace Corps Trainee to Peace Corps Volunteer

Tomorrow I, along with 31 other trainees, we get sworn in as Peace Corps volunteers. We spent the last 10 weeks in training. We trained in the language, kenyarwanda, cross culture and healthcare in Rwanda.

This week we're in the capital and preparing for the swearing-in ceremony, which will be held at the Ambassador's office. I'll be moving to my site this Sunday, which is really exciting. I'll be working with an NGO called Project Access. I'll be working with healthcare centers and hospitals on improving services. In addition I'll be working on other HIV/AIDS programs.

I'll write more in a future post. For now I'm looking forward to the swearing-in ceremony

Amahoro (peace)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats brother! This is an amazing journey you are on. Peace, love and blessings from Chicago. Namaste!

Adam